Stephen A. Brassell, MD, FACS is a urologic oncologist with expertise in minimally invasive and robotic surgery and the management of complex urologic cancers. While serving as a urologic oncologist at Walter Reed, he was appointed the Associate Director of the Center for Prostate Disease Research, a multi-institutional national prostate cancer program, and Assistant Professor at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences.
His military courses include airborne, flight surgery, dive medical, and cold weather/mountain warfare training. He has received a Meritorious Service Medal and Army Commendation Medal among other awards. Dr. Brassell chaired over 30 research studies and has published and presented over 70 articles in the urologic literature with a focus on urologic cancer.
- Robotic and open prostatectomy
- Robotic and open nephrectomy
- Robotic and open partial nephrectomy
- Robotic and open radical cystectomy
- Robotic and open partial cystectomy
- Robotic and open excision of retroperitoneal tumors
- Robotic and open adrenalectomy
- Robotic and open ureteral surgery
- Radical orchiectomy
- Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection
- Penectomy and organ sparing approaches to penile cancer
- Inguinal lymph node dissection
- Excision of any genitourinary malignancy