MyChart Video Visit Availability
MyChart video visits are available at most of our clinics. To see if a video visit is an option for your next visit, please call your St. Luke's Clinic.
Prepare for Your MyChart Video Visit
We look forward to connecting with you for your video visit. Please follow these steps to ensure your visit goes smoothly.
- Confirm that you have a MyChart account and that you're able to log in.
- All video visits take place using MyChart. You must have a MyChart account set up before your scheduled appointment.
- If you need a MyChart account, please signup online or call 208-381-9000 for assistance in creating one. Please allow time for set up! It's a quick process, but it will help to take care of this well in advance of your scheduled video visit.
- If the video visit is for a child under the age of 14, the parent or guardian must have a MyChart account and proxy access to the child’s medical record before the scheduled video visit. Learn how to set up proxy access.
- If you are between 14 and 17 years of age, you can login to your own MyChart account to join your video visit. Please be aware that you may not be able to consent to your own treatment under state law and additional registrations steps may be required prior to your video visit.
- Ensure you have both a camera and microphone for your video visit.
- You may use a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone for your appointment. We recommend using a tablet or smartphone, as they offer a better user experience and most of these devices already have an appropriate camera and microphone setup.
- If you intend to use a tablet or smartphone for your video visit, download the MyChart mobile app, if you don't have it installed on your device already. The app is available through the Apple App store and Google Play store, and is required for video visits on a tablet or smartphone.
- If you intend to use a desktop computer or laptop, make sure you use one of the supported web browsers. Use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge on a Windows computer or Safari on a Mac computer.
- If possible, log into MyChart at least one day prior to your appointment to test your video visit connection and device hardware (camera and microphone). If you’re on a computer, look for the “Test Hardware” button next to your upcoming appointment information. If you’re using the MyChart mobile app, look for the Video Visit Test icon on your main menu. If you aren’t able to do this in advance, MyChart will walk you through a hardware check before your appointment will begin at its scheduled time. It’s best to do this ahead of time, though, so you have more time to troubleshoot any connection problems, if needed.
What to Look for in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
This video walks you through the video visit process, showing screen shots of the various steps you'll need to follow within MyChart to activate your video visit.