Thank you for your interest in a student experience at St. Luke's! Our team works diligently and creatively to offer access to a variety of educational and professional development opportunities throughout our health system.
To participate in a student experience at St. Luke’s, an affiliation agreement must be in place with your school. To find out if an agreement is in place with your school and program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The affiliation agreement will outline the requirements for both the institution and the student. Please ask your school coordinator full details. Some important examples of the requirements that must be kept on file with your school are:
- Proof of immunizations, testing or titer results.
- Successfully passing a background check per our criteria.
- No history or criminal record per our criteria.
- Personal health insurance.
Expectations for Students
- Complete required orientation and onboarding. Attend required unit/clinic tours and training.
- Adhere to all St. Luke's policies including parking, dress code, badge, and cell phone use. All tattoos are to be covered during activities on St. Luke's campuses.
- Keep all personal items in a locked/secure location. Due to space limitations, all personal items except what you can carry must be locked in your vehicle or a designated student locker.
- Be prepared to communicate course learning objectives and/or daily objectives to St. Luke's staff. It is St. Luke's culture to encourage active participation and provide opportunities for students to have a hands-on experience.
- Actively engage in all learning opportunities as appropriate and assume responsibility for your own learning by seeking out information, asking appropriate questions and utilizing resources.
- Discuss any issues or concerns that arise with your preceptor, faculty, charge nurse, nursing supervisor, site manager or director at the time of the event.
- Have immediate access to your faculty’s contact information.
- Complete the annual St. Luke's student educational experience survey and provide necessary feedback regarding educational experiences at St. Luke’s – we want to know how we're doing!
- Behave in a professional manner, demonstrating and role-modeling St. Luke’s values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence (iCARE).
Students NOT accompanied by faculty for a student educational experience will also:
- Contact preceptor before arrival to review goals, schedule, and expectations.
- Follow their preceptor’s schedule.