Thank you for your interest in a student experience at St. Luke's. Our team works diligently and creatively to offer access to a variety of educational and professional development opportunities throughout our health system.
To participate in a student experience at St. Luke’s, an affiliation agreement must be in place with your school and your program. To find out if an agreement is in place, please email email@example.com.
Affiliation agreements outline the requirements for both the institution and the student. Please ask your school coordinator for full details. The following are requirements that must be kept on file with your school:
- Proof of immunizations, testing, or titer results
- A clear background check, per our criteria
- Personal health insurance
- Any licensing or certifications as required
St. Luke's tries to accommodate as many students as possible per their educational objectives and goals; however, please note that approval is dependent on preceptor availability and unit capacities.
For student learning experiences, school coordinators should submit a request through myClinicalExchange unless otherwise instructed below. Only affiliated schools may submit requests. If an affiliation agreement is not in place with St. Luke’s and your educational institution, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. (If you need any assistance with creating or navigating your myClinicalExchange account, go to myClinicalExchange.com and click “Contact” in the top right corner, or email email@example.com.)
Undergraduate, Licensure and Certification Programs
- Certified nurse aid
- Exercise science - application required; contact the appropriate coordinator before submitting a rotation request
- Health promotion or health science - application required; contact the appropriate coordinator before submitting a rotation request
- Imaging (radiology, CT, MRI and ultrasound)
- Kinesiology - application required; contact the appropriate coordinator before submitting a rotation request
- Licensed practical nursing
- Medical assisting
- Medical laboratory science
- Music therapy
- Non-Clinical Internships - please complete your application online or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
- Nurse refreshers
- Nursing students (ADN, BSN, RN to BSN)
- Pharmacy tech
- Respiratory therapy
- Surgical technologist/first assist
High School Students Enrolled in Allied Health Programs
St. Luke’s works with Ada, West Ada, Mountain Home and Twin Falls school districts, as well as Kimberly High School to provide clinical experiences for seniors enrolled in specific clinical programs. At this time, St. Luke’s has reached capacity for high school students and is unable to affiliate with additional high schools.
If you are a student in one of the following programs, please reach out to your teacher/program instructor for more information:
- Pharmacy tech
- Physical therapy tech
- Sports medicine
High School Juniors or Seniors Not Enrolled in an Allied Health Program
- St. Luke’s works to facilitate educational interview opportunities for high school juniors or seniors that are not enrolled in an allied health program. Interviews with a healthcare professional provide an educational opportunity to gain an understanding of a profession and the educational preparation necessary.
- Students are not allowed to observe in patient care areas or participate in direct patient interventions.
- If no patients are present, they may receive a tour of a treatment area for an explanation of equipment and diagnosis served at the site to enhance their entry-level knowledge.