This multidisciplinary research team has recently focused on adult and pediatric endocrinology, adult and pediatric cystic fibrosis, and pediatric ophthalmology. Our team supports the clinical research interests of the St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital, including the pediatric hospitalist program, investigator-initiated clinical trials, and research registries.
Our goal is to offer our patients the opportunity to participate in ground-breaking research. In doing so, we bring state-of-the-art treatments, therapeutic approaches, care, and medical devices to the populations we serve. This collaboration between our research team and patients is the vehicle of progress in medicine that we hope will one day result in cures for the diseases and disorders we treat.
Clinical trials for these specialty areas are offered at the following locations: St. Luke's Cystic Fibrosis Center of Idaho, St. Luke's Children's Ophthalmology, St. Luke's Children's Endocrinology, St. Luke's Humphreys Diabetes Center, and the Idaho Elks Children’s Pavilion.
St. Luke's Investigators
Research Medical Director
- St. Luke's Children's specialty research: Perry Brown, MD - pediatric co-director, St. Luke's Cystic Fibrosis Center of Idaho
St. Luke's Lead Investigators
- Henry Thompson, MD – pediatric co-director, St. Luke's Cystic Fibrosis Center of Idaho
- Karen Miller, MD – adult director, St. Luke's Cystic Fibrosis Center of Idaho
- Daniel Flynn, MD – pediatric endocrinology research
- Eileen Baez-Irizarry, MD – pediatric endocrinology research
- Sherwin D’Souza, MD – adult endocrinology research
- Elizabeth Rulon, MD – cystic fibrosis research
- Benjamin Tippets, DO – cystic fibrosis research
- Katherine Lee, MD – pediatric ophthalmology research
- Daniel Brooks, MD – pediatric ophthalmology research
- Elizabeth Kleweno, MD – pediatric hospitalist
We're always looking for more patients to participate in the groundbreaking treatment options our clinical trials offer, and we encourage anyone with interest in learning more about specialty research at St. Luke’s Children’s to send us an email.