When a child is admitted to the hospital, parents and families deal with enormous stress and strain. If an admission happens during the holiday season, the stress can be even greater. St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital created Santa’s Toy Box to partner with families in an effort to reduce holiday stress and create a wonderful holiday experience.
Santa’s Toy Box relies solely on items donated from the community. We arrange the toys and gift items into a shopping area complete with holiday decorations, music, and refreshments. Parents with a child in the hospital are invited to shop free of charge in Santa’s Toy Box for every child in the family.
We accept donations of new toys, books, electronics, art supplies, and gift cards for all ages.
All donations must be newly purchased and unwrapped. We cannot accept used items or items purchased long ago (even if they have never been used).
To help us better prepare for Santa’s Toy Box, please consider delivering your donation on Monday, December 17, 2018 from 6-8 p.m. at the Santa's Toy Box: Stock the Box Event in the Anderson Center Lobby, located on the fifth floor of the South Tower on the main Boise campus. Please call (208) 706-KIDS (5437) if you need further directions.
If you’re unable to make it on December 17, please schedule a time for your donation delivery by calling (208) 706-KIDS (5437).
Sometimes we receive requests from individuals wishing to hand out gifts directly to our patients. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate these requests, as it is important for us to protect our patients’ privacy, prevent the spread of infection, and maintain a calm and healing environment.
Santa’s Toy Box Wish List
General Items We Can Accept
- Gift cards from places such as Target, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble, Walmart, etc.
- iTunes music cards
- New toys, books, dolls, and games (see list of appropriate suggestions below)
- Craft kits and materials that are nontoxic
- Non-violent video games for Nintendo, PlayStation, and Xbox (ratings should be everyone-teen)
- iPod touch/iPad
- Gaming systems
- Amazon Kindle
- CD Player/radio
- Outside sports equipment
- New DVD movies (English and Spanish)
- Books on CD
General Items We Cannot Accept
- Used items including books, toys, fabric dolls, and stuffed animals
- Rubber/latex balloons
- Religious materials or solicitations for personal gain
Suggested Items for Different Age Groups
- Bouncy seats
- Small stuffed animals with cloth eyes
- Lullaby CDs
- Crib gyms
- Any light up/musical toys
- Board/plastic books (English and Spanish)
- Shape sorters, stacking toys
- Pop-up toys
- Push/pull toys
- Sturdy toys with few parts, such as Little People sets
- Cars and other vehicles with wheels
- Dinosaurs, animals
- Play cell phones
- Wooden peg puzzles
- Board books (Spanish and English)
- Fun music CDs
- Stuffed animals with cloth eyes
- Pretend kitchen items
- Chunky crayons
- Cars and trucks
- Farm animals
- Baby dolls
- Kitchen play items
- Medical play kit
- Fisher-Price Little People toy sets (house, farm, etc.)
- Light up/musical toys
- Super hero/action figures
- Magna Doodle
- Board games
- Coloring books and crayons
- LEGO sets
- Art supplies
- Craft kits
- “I Spy” books
- Large stuffed animals
- Table-top games (air hockey, pool, etc.)
- Card, dice, and board games
- Beads for making jewelry
- Scrapbooking materials
- Movie passes
- Gift cards to Target, music stores, Barnes & Noble, Bath & Body Works, Walmart, Toys "R" Us, restaurants, iTunes, and clothing stores.
- Craft kits
- Hair accessories, brushes, nail polish, spa items, makeup, lotions, body wash (both genders)
- Hair tools (curling and flat irons, etc.)
- Sports balls
- Sportswear (BSU, NFL, etc.)
- Hunting/camo wear
- Word search and crossword puzzle books
- Adult coloring books and colored pencils
- Pajama sets, sweatshirts, scarves, hats, etc.
- Model cars, airplanes, glue, paint, etc.
- iPad, iTouch, Kindle
- Ear buds
- Décor for room
- Yoga mats
- Body pillows