Our cancer rehabilitation team offers you specialized rehabilitation services to optimize your function before, during, and after cancer treatments. Common side effects treated include:
- Cancer-related fatigue
- Numbness or tingling in hands and feet (neuropathy)
- Pelvic pain
- Balance issues
- Difficulty swallowing and/or talking
- Range-of-motion limitations
- Bowel/bladder dysfunction
Please speak with your medical team if you feel cancer rehabilitation would benefit you.
- Physical therapy
- A physical therapist treats a variety of symptoms, including weakness, balance, fatigue, endurance, bowel and bladder incontinence, pain, numbness, swelling, and joint problems.
- Occupational therapy
- An occupational therapist treats issues with bathing, grooming, dressing, and other daily activities.
- Speech therapy
- A speech therapist treats problems with talking and swallowing. They also specialize in cognitive rehabilitation, which works on memory and forgetfulness that chemotherapy may cause.
- Lymphedema therapy
- Cancer and its treatments can cause swelling in any part of your body. Our specialists will assist you with reducing and managing swelling over time. We also offer preventive services if you're at high risk for lymphedema.