Our team studies various orthopedic conditions and sports-related injuries, such as the treatment of osteoarthritis of large and small joints, prevention of deep vein thrombosis after knee or hip replacement surgery and, most currently, the treatment of cartilage injuries in the knee. Our physician partners have been participating in clinical research for over 15 years. Our research physicians also engage in investigator-initiated projects, as well as performance improvement trials, to continually expand their knowledge, skills, and quality of care for patients.
Clinical trials in this research area are offered in St. Luke’s locations in Boise and Meridian.
Research Medical Director
Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Investigators
If you're interested in orthopedic and sports medicine research at St. Luke’s, please call our clinical research manager at (208) 706-9081 or send us an email.
- Wylie JD, Jenkins PA, Beckmann JT, Peters CL, Aoki SK, Maak TG. Computed Tomography Scans in Patients with Young Adult Hip Pain Carry a Lifetime Risk of Malignancy. Arthroscopy. 2018 Jan;34(1):155-163.e3. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2017.08.235. PMID: 29100768
- Richmond CG, Cannamela PC, Fabricant PD, Ganley TJ, Beckmann JT, Anderson AF, Shea KG. It is feasible to perform an all-epiphyseal double-bundle posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in skeletally immature patients: a computer-aided modelling study. Journal of ISAKOS: Joint Disorders & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Jan 2018, jisakos-2017-000170; DOI: 10.1136/jisakos-2017-000170
- Aoki SK, Beckmann JT, Wylie JD. Arthroscopic Femoral Osteochondroplasty for Cam-Type Femoroacetabular Impingement: The Trough Technique. Arthrosc Tech. 2016 Jul 18;5(4):e743-e749.
- Beckmann JT, Wylie JD, Potter MQ, Maak TG, Greene T, Aoki SK. The Effect of Naproxen Prophylaxis on Heterotopic Ossification and Outcomes Following Hip Arthroscopy: A Double-blinded Randomized Controlled Trial. 2015 Dec 16;97(24):2032-7. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.N.01156
- Wylie JD, Beckmann JT, Maak TG, AOKI SK. Arthroscopic Capsular Repair for Symptomatic Hip Instability After Previous Hip Arthroscopy. Am J Sports Med. 2016 Jan;44(1):39-45. doi: 10.1177/0363546515608162.
- Beckmann JT, Hung M, Bounsanger J, Wylie JD, Granger EK, Tashjian RT. Psychometric Evaluation of the PROMIS Physical Function Computerized Adaptive Test in Comparison to the ASES and SST in Patients with Rotator Cuff Disease. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2015 Dec;24(12):1961-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jse.2015.06.025.
- Wylie JD, Beckmann JT, Aoki SK. Dislocation After Hip Arthroscopy for Cam-type Femoroacetabular Impingement Leading to Progressive Arthritis. JBJS Case Connector. 2015: 5: e80.