A successful joint replacement surgery requires the support of many different types of providers throughout your surgery experience. From our highly skilled orthopedic surgeons and anesthesia team to our specially trained nurses and rehabilitation therapists, you can count on the highest level of care from our coordinated team.
Our orthopedic surgeons have set high standards for the best possible outcomes, enjoying low infection and readmission rates, as well as national recognition for expertise, high quality, and safety in joint replacement procedures. The St. Luke's joint replacement program is recognized as a Center of Excellence by The Joint Commission and is a Healthgrades Top 100 Program (one of only two in the Pacific Northwest).
Our compassionate nurses will be with you every step of the way. Highlights of our nursing care include:
- Low patient-to-staff ratio
- Self-care, preventive care, and health promotion education
- Pain and symptom management
- Intra-operative support
- Medication management
- Wound/incision care
Finally, our physical and occupational therapists are on hand daily to share evidence-based education with you and your coach on successful joint replacement recovery. You’ll learn:
- Post-surgery movement precautions
- How to safely move in your environment in the hospital and at home
- How to minimize the discomfort and swelling that comes with doing too much too soon
- How to balance rest and activity to aid in a successful recovery