Meet other new moms and talk about the joys and challenges of motherhood. You’ll not only gain confidence and support, but you’ll offer it to others as well.
It’s usually best to attend when your baby is between three weeks and five months old.
Every eight weeks we predictably cover:
- The ins and outs of infant care, such as feeding, crying and fussiness, sleep patterns, illness, and immunizations.
- Emotional issues such as how all-consuming caring for a baby can be, when and where to get help, and how to take care of you and your baby's needs.
- Whether or not to return to work: childcare, being a full time mom, and the feelings involved in these decisions.
- Relationships with partners, grandparents, co-workers, and friends without children.
- Self-identity, body image, sexuality, and maternal emotions.
- Your baby's developmental health and well-being, including vision and reading, dental care needs, hearing, speech and language development, infant massage, and major milestones.
This group meets every Tuesday from 2 - 3:30 p.m.
NOTE: From November 21 through December 19, 2017, this group will meet in the Malad Room at St. Luke's Portico East building, 3399 E. Louise Dr. in Meridian.
There will be no meetings on January 2 or July 3, 2018.
Registration is not required. Please call (208) 381-9000 or (208) 381-1510 for more information.
- Please bring items necessary to care for your baby during class (i.e. diaper bag).
- Please find childcare for older siblings.