Safe Sitter® prepares students in grades 6-8 to be safe when they're home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting.Students learn life-saving skills such as how to rescue someone who's choking, and helpful information like what to do if there's severe weather. The lessons are filled with fun activities and role-playing exercises. Students even get to use CPR manikins to practice CPR and choking rescue!
- Safety Skills: Students learn how to prevent unsafe situations and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies.
- Child Care Skills: Students learn tips to manage behavior that will help them stay in control of themselves and the children in their care. Students also learn the ages and stages of child development, as well as practice diapering.
- First Aid & Rescue Skills: Learning skills such as choking rescue and CPR is often students' favorite part of the class. Students also learn a system to help them assess and respond to injuries and illnesses.
- Life & Business Skills: The ability to screen jobs, discuss fees, and greet employers will set students up for success now and in the future. Students practice these skills through various role plays.
The cost for the two day sessions is $45. The single day sessions cost $30.
Schedule Openings Available
- Saturday, Sep 09, 2017 9 a.m.-4 p.m. 5
Registration is required. Please note that if there are less than 5 people enrolled in the class, the class may be cancelled. You will be notified before the class if this occurs. No refunds are given for this class, unless it is cancelled by us or a medical condition prevents you from attending class. Otherwise, you may transfer to another class within six months of the original class date.
If you are a St. Luke's employee, please do not register online. To get your employee discount, call St. Luke's Connect at (208) 381-9000 to register. No refunds will be issued if you continue to register online.
Register Online | Call to register or for more information:
- Please have your child bring a sack lunch, refillable water bottle, and snack for the afternoon.
- Class registration is from 8:30-9 a.m. Please come with your child to complete required paperwork and consent forms.
- Class starts promptly at 9 a.m.
- Please arrive at 3:45 p.m. to participate in the graduation ceremony and pick up your child.