Boise, IDAHO – St. Luke’s Health System has awarded $286,320 to 54 non-profit organizations in the Treasure Valley that are working to improve the health of people in the region.
The funding was provided through the St. Luke’s Community Health Improvement Fund, which is a longstanding community benefit program to provide financial and in-kind support to organizations.
Each year, St. Luke’s accepts funding proposal from eligible not-for-profit organizations that address health maintenance, health education, improved access to health care services, prevention, wellness, and other health-related activities. Applicants also had to demonstrate collaboration and coordination with other community organizations including St. Luke’s.
“In the current economic climate, nonprofit organizations are seeing the demand for their services increase,” said Chris Roth, CEO of St. Luke’s Treasure Valley. “We are pleased that we are able to support these organizations to help them continue their important missions.”
Among the organizations to receive grants this year is Genesis World Mission, which operates the Garden City Clinic. Check out the videos below to see why support of organizations like the Garden City Clinic, Cancer Connection and the Women's and Children's Alliance is important.
To determine each year's Community Health Improvement Fund recipient, St. Luke’s utilizes a review committee to evaluate applications and make funding decisions. This year, grants ranged in size from $300 to $35,000. For more information about the grant program visit www.stlukesonline.org/giving/.
Note: A list of grant recipients follows.
2012 St. Luke’s Treasure Valley
Community Health Improvement (CHI) Grant Recipients
- Ada County Medical Society – Sports physicals to students.
- American Cancer Society – Relay for Life and other events.
- American Heart Association – Heart Walk, Heart Ball and other events.
- Boise Art Museum – Support of annual gala.
- Boise Rescue Mission – Support of mental health program.
- Cancer Connection –Event and office support.
- Canyon County Community Clinic – Administration costs to extend service.
- Nampa Chamber of Commerce – Health related events.
- Children’s Home Society – Support of mental and behavioral health services, and support for annual gala.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – Support for patients and families.
- Education Foundation of Boise – Lifetime Movers program.
- Epilepsy Foundation of Idaho –Table sponsorship at annual gala.
- Expedition Inspiration Fund – Support for cancer research and breast cancer education.
- Family Advocates – Support of high risk families with new babies.
- Genesis World Mission – Support of Garden City Community Clinic and to underwrite annual fundraising dinner.
- Hands of Hope Northwest – Durable medical equipment loan program.
- Idaho Academy of Family Physicians – Support of annual Tar Wars calendar project.
- Idaho Association for Education of Young Children – Help train child care health consultants.
- Idaho Children’s Trust Fund – Program to educate adults to prevent, recognize and react to child sexual abuse.
- Idaho Foodbank – Backpack program in local schools.
- Idaho Medical Association – Funding for annual meeting.
- Idaho Voices for Children – Children’s Champion Lunch.
- Idaho Youth Wheelchair Sports Camp – Sponsor events.
- Interfaith Sanctuary Housing Services – Holiday fundraising event.
- Jayden DeLuca Foundation – Support of fundraising efforts.
- Komen for the Cure – 2013 Race for the Cure.
- Learning Lab – Health literacy curriculum and to support literary fundraiser lunch.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Research and patient care efforts.
- Lutheran Community Services Northwest – Positive Action/Life Skills program.
- Make-A-Wish – “Kids for Wish Kids” program.
- March of Dives – March for Babies and Blue Jeans Ball.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) – Muscle Walk.
- Mercy Housing Northwest Idaho – Health and nutrition programs.
- Mountain States Group – Educational event for family caregivers.
- Nampa Civic Center – Seniorfest.
- National Hemophilia Foundation Idaho Chapter – Idaho Hemophilia Walk, and to support local programs.
- National MS Society – MS Walk.
- Ontario Festival of Trees – Tree sponsorship.
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network – Purple Strides fundraiser.
- Payette County Chamber of Commerce – Membership dues.
- Reel Recovery – Retreat for men with cancer.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities – “Share a Night.”
- Salvation Army, Caldwell – Support to purchase baby items for low-income families.
- Shaken Baby Prevention of Idaho – Awareness and education efforts.
- Shoot for a Cure – Event expenses.
- Snake River Stampede, Stamped for the Cure –Cancer awareness campaign and free mammograms to women.
- Terry Reilly Health Services – Bob LeBow Bike Tour and SANE Solutions program.
- Treasure Valley Down Syndrome Association – Support of education and assistance to caregivers of people with Down syndrome.
- Weiser Memorial Hospital Association – 2012 Festival of Trees.
- Women’s and Children’s Alliance – Fundraising events.