Thank you for considering a donation to St. Luke’s CARES (Children at Risk Evaluation Services). St. Luke’s CARES provides medical examinations and treatment for children in cases of alleged abuse, providing care in an age-sensitive manner to reduce further emotional trauma. With the support of generous donors, we’re able to offer much needed basic necessities and enriching activities for our young patients.
More than 1,000 children are evaluated for alleged abuse at St. Luke’s CARES every year, at our offices in Boise, Twin Falls, and Rupert, and at our Foster Care Clinic, where children coming into foster care receive a complete medical evaluation.
- Children's clothing of all types and all sizes, from infant to adolescent (especially sweat shirts and sweat pants)
- Stuffed animals
- Toothbrushes (for all pediatric stages), dental floss, toothpaste
- Hygiene items such as personal grooming, hair care, etc.
Other Priority Needs
- Backpacks and school supplies
- Coloring books
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils
- Arts and crafts kits
- Reading books, crossword puzzles, writing journals for adolescents
- LeapPad brand books and cartridges
- Child-appropriate movies such as Dragon Tales, Clifford, Veggie Tales, etc.
- Lego sets (large size legos)
- Toy cars
Restrictions for Donated Items
For safety and infection control reasons, please donate only new items that are washable, nontoxic, and not easily broken. We’re unable to accept used clothing, used toys, or toys that represent violence. Please do not gift wrap your donations. Thank you!