Ways to Give
St. Luke's Health Foundation
About the Foundation
Mission: St. Luke's Health Foundation cultivates and encourages philanthropy to advance St. Luke’s mission to improve the health of people in our region.
St. Luke’s Health Foundation is a not-for-profit organization with no shareholders to whom profits are distributed. The Foundation was established to develop philanthropic resources that support St. Luke’s mission, and is responsible for cultivating charitable support and ensuring that the wishes of our donors are honored. The St. Luke’s Health Foundation Board serves to advise and assist efforts to raise funds from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
The generosity of many compassionate and caring people has helped St. Luke’s respond to patient needs and advancements in medicine. Accomplishing our mission requires tremendous resources to provide crucial medical and health care services in the growing communities we serve. True to our not-for-profit mission, St. Luke’s provides high quality care to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
Why Giving Matters
Life-saving technology, patient care, medical research, health education, and specialized services are supported by charitable gifts. There are many ways you can help bring healing to patients and make a difference today.
Whether a cash donation or a planned gift, your donation strengthens the ability of St. Luke’s to provide high quality health care today and tomorrow. You can make an unrestricted gift to benefit the most urgent area of need or designate the service or program you would like to help. Your contribution is tax deductible for the amount allowed by law. Those who make donations to the Foundation can direct how contributions are utilized.
Generally, your giving helps to support the mission of the Foundation in three vital areas:
- Capital Improvements: The Foundation helps purchase or upgrade critical medical technology and provide facilities that would not be economically possible in other hospitals of similar size.
- Endowment: The Foundation’s endowment fund offers an avenue for individuals to help support programs and services for future generations. Donors can establish named endowment funds to support specific areas or simply provide financial support to grow the existing fund.
- Community Support: The Foundation also supports a variety of services that fill vital needs in the community distinct from direct medical support. You can help others educate themselves, maintain a healthy lifestyle, cope with loss, maintain dignity in their declining years, and have timely access to the health care system.
Ways to Give
People donate to St. Luke’s Health Foundation for a variety of reasons. Whether you choose to provide a cash donation or establish a deferred gift, your philanthropy will make a measurable difference in the lives of people in our region. The four general avenues available for giving to the Foundation include:
- Direct monetary donation — Donate Now
- Donations of securities and real estate (How to make a gift of appreciated securities to the St. Luke’s Health Foundation )
- In-kind gifts
- Planned Giving — including bequests or estate gifts, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and gifts from retirement funds